Haverhill Pavilion Behavioral Health Hospital provides comprehensive inpatient treatment for adults and older adults who have been struggling with mental health disorders. Our inpatient mental health treatment center is conveniently located in Haverhill, Massachusetts.
What Is a Mental Health Treatment Center?
Discover the types of disorders that are treated in our mental health treatment center in Haverhill, MA
Mental health treatment centers provide care for people who have been struggling with a variety of concerns that fall within the category of mental health disorders. The types of disorders that mental health treatment centers address, the therapeutic services and levels of care that they provide, and the individuals that they accept will vary considerably from center to center.
Haverhill Pavilion in Haverhill, Massachusetts, provides mental health treatment at the inpatient level for adults age 19 and above. Our services are designed for adults whose lives have been disrupted by disorders such as the following:
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list. Instead, it includes examples of the most common disorders that bring people to our mental health treatment center in Haverhill, MA. If you or someone you care about can benefit from inpatient treatment for a mental health disorder that is not listed in this section, please contact us today.
All admissions decisions at Haverhill Pavilion are made on a case-by-case basis. The goal of our admissions team is to determine if our mental health treatment center is the best place for the individual. If our analysis indicates that you or your loved one would be better served by another mental health treatment center, we will refer you to the center that will best meet your needs.
What Happens in a Mental Health Treatment Center?
Learn about the features of care in our mental health treatment center in Haverhill, MA
Haverhill Pavilion offers inpatient mental health treatment for adults and older adults.
Fundamental features of inpatient care at our mental health treatment center include round-the-clock supervision; personalized treatment planning; an array of science-based, research-supported therapies; focused support from a team of experts; and detailed discharge planning.
Our commitment to personalized inpatient treatment for mental health challenges means that no two people will have identical experiences at Haverhill Pavilion. Depending upon your unique strengths, needs, goals, and preferences, your individualized treatment plan may include the following elements:
- Basic medical care – Our team is prepared to provide you with basic medical services, such as X-rays, electrocardiograms (EKGs), and lab work. If you develop more serious medical needs while you’re receiving care at our mental health treatment center, we can refer you to an appropriate provider in the Haverhill, MA, area.
- Medication management services – If prescription medications can ease or alleviate any of your mental health challenges, you may receive medication management services while you are at Haverhill Pavilion.
- Cognitive and functional assessments – Our professionals can assess your abilities and needs to ensure that you receive the treatment that’s right for you, provided in the most appropriate and beneficial manner.
- Individual therapy – Individual sessions can be scheduled on an as-needed basis for adults and older adults who are receiving care in our mental health treatment center. Individual sessions can be valuable opportunities for individuals who need additional support outside the group setting.
- Group therapy – Group therapy is the main method of care at our mental health treatment center in Haverhill, MA. We offer multiple discussion-based and task-based group sessions during each treatment day.
- Family meetings – We schedule family meetings on an as-needed basis to discuss treatment-related matters with loved ones.
- Recreation-based therapies – We offer a therapeutic array of recreational and fresh air activities for all adults and older adults. Examples of recreation-based therapies at Haverhill Pavilion include gardening, games, crafts, and supported exercise sessions.
- Occupational therapy – Occupational therapy is a vital component of mental health treatment at Haverhill Pavilion. Our occupational therapists can provide the individualized services that will prepare you to more fully engage in a healthy and productive lifestyle.
The main objectives of care at our mental health treatment center are to help you achieve stability and to prepare you for ongoing progress. Typical length of stay in our inpatient mental health treatment center is five to seven days, though the exact amount of time that you spend with us may vary depending upon your needs and progress.
As you prepare to transition out of our care, we’ll provide you with a detailed discharge plan. This document will identify the services and resources that will support you in the weeks and months to come.
How to Choose a Mental Health Treatment Center
Find the local mental health treatment center in Haverhill, MA, that’s right for you or your loved one
If you’ve been researching treatment options, you may have already discovered how challenging it can be to find the local mental health treatment center in the Haverhill, MA, area that’s ideal for yourself or a loved one. Here are a few steps that can help:
- Understand your needs – Treatment for mental health challenges can occur at a variety of levels in both inpatient and outpatient environments. The better you understand the full scope of your needs, or those of your loved one, the better you’ll be able to identify the local mental health treatment center near Haverhill, MA, that’s right for you.
- Consult with experts – If you have a family physician, or if you are already seeing a therapist or counselor, these can be ideal resources to help you identify the local mental health treatment center in the Haverhill, MA, area that’s right for you. Community-based mental health advocacy organizations can also help you find the care you need.
- Ask questions – When you’ve identified one or more local mental health treatment centers in the Haverhill, MA, area, contact these centers directly. Any reputable mental health treatment center should be happy to answer all your questions about their services. At Haverhill Pavilion, a member of our team is available 24/7 to discuss your concerns and provide you with the information you need.
- Focus on finding the right fit – There is no such thing as the perfect mental health treatment center. What’s most important is finding the center that provides the type and level of care that best meets your needs. The ideal mental health treatment center should also offer services in the manner that best fits your personality and preferences.
For more information about finding a local mental health treatment center in Haverhill, Massachusetts, call Haverhill Pavilion today. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions. We look forward to helping you determine if our mental health treatment center is the perfect place for you or your loved one.